An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is a confidential helpline, which employees can use for counselling, information and support on issues affecting their mental health. Calls can relate to issues affecting them at work, such as stress about their workload or workplace bullying. Or issues affecting them outside of work, such as health or financial worries, a relationship breakdown, domestic violence, a legal issue or eldercare concerns.
EAP Service Functions
Our standard EAP Programme includes the following functions:
- 24/7/365 Employee Helpline – answered by qualified counsellors who provide in the moment emotional support and assessment of how best to support the caller
- Life, Legal & Debt Management Advice – provided by subject matter experts covering a range of issues
- Short-term Counselling & CBT – by telephone, video conference & face to face within 30 miles of any postcode
- Wellbeing App – our internally developed market leading solution supports the full spectrum of health and wellbeing and provides access to instant live chat with qualified counsellors
- Computerised CBT – provided through an evidence based NICE approved digital solution
- Management Support – providing managers with advice on how best to support individuals in emotional distress e.g. bereavement, divorce, redundancy or other issue.
- Critical Incident Support – Should your organisation experience a traumatic event; our critical incident team will be on hand to guide leaders and provide psychological first aid.
EAP Services FAQs
Frequently asked questions
The level of service provided by an Employee Assistance Programme provider varies greatly from provider to provider. As not all EAPs put employees through to professional counsellors as the first point of contact like we do. Our EAP programme, PAM Assist, also includes a free telephone helpline, website portal and EAP app. As well as up to six counselling sessions and access to financial, health and legal experts. Although we can increase or decrease the level of service as needed.
Our most popular level of service includes up to six sessions of telephone or video counselling for each employee. So they can immediately start getting support for any issue affecting their mental health. If needed, we can also provide an increased level of cover that includes more in-depth or face-to-face counselling, including up to four sessions of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Or eight sessions of digital CBT.
Yes. Reliable EAP Providers, such as PAM Assist, provide services in keeping with the EAP Association (EAPA) Code of Ethics. This requires that the privacy and confidentiality of individuals must be protected. Meaning the confidentiality of individuals will be protected at all times, with only generalised aggregated data on how the workforce as a whole is using the service relayed to employers. This means employees can use the service in confidence, knowing it really is confidential.
Yes. As a holistic employee benefit that helps employees to proactively manage their mental health, EAPs are very popular. 79% of employers now offer an EAP, according to Employee Benefits News. What’s more full-service EAPs, such as PAM Assist, have proven their value. According to a 2020 report into the effectiveness of EAP counselling, they improve work engagement and overall life satisfaction. While reducing workplace distress and absenteeism.
Yes. We provide promotional materials to be sent out to employees and used to advertise the service via your internal communications channels. Depending on social distancing restrictions, we can also provide a roadshow and launch events and provide ongoing marketing materials, linked to your health and wellbeing initiatives. You will have a dedicated account manager who provides reports on take-up and usage and trend data on what issues your workforce as a whole needs support with.
Whatever your needs, we have a solution to support you and would be happy to discuss your needs with you.SET UP FREE CONSULTATION
Benefits of working with us
PAM Wellbeing’s EAP Services are proven to support employees
As a trusted EAP Provider we support over a million employees
Our service is staffed by professional, fully qualified counsellors
Our EAP is a very cost-effective but highly valued employee benefit